Friday, August 9, 2013

Laundry Roulette.

Dear Diary, 

     I'm a minimalist. I try to make as little work for myself as possible, and I try to stay 5 steps ahead in life as often as I can. Unfortunately, things don't always work out the way I plan them to. I'm not one of those people who carry around a ball full of luck dust. Like Pig Pen...kind of. Anyway...

     Every time I do laundry, I feel a little more accomplished. Pour the soap, load the clothes, add the softener, start the machine, walk away. I know what you're thinking, and no...I don't forget to put the clothes in the dryer. My problem comes after that step. I leave it in the dryer for days. What can I say? I love cold, wrinkled clothes. 


     Because I do this so often, I always cock my head to the side and wince while opening the dryer door as I'm about to put in a wet load of freshly washed clothes. It's kind of like playing Russian Roulette. Only, instead of 1/6 times, it's more like 5/6 times there are clothes behind that dryer door that I did not anticipate giving my attention to. I'm thinking that maybe living in a nudist colony is not so bad. Less laundry, that's for sure. In the mean time, I'll just to have to hope my unanticipated dryer full of clothes doesn't come on a bad day. 




Sincerely, 

Me. The Mom Who *Loves* Laundry and Is Working On Looking Good Naked. 

1 comment: