Tuesday, November 19, 2013

My Little Pony.

Dear Diary, 

     There are many times in one's parenting journey where they catch themselves saying something absolutely ridiculous, yet illustrative of their role as a parent. For example, the other day I heard my husband go on and on about how insanely irrational My Little Pony had become. When my ears perked up due to the nature of the conversation, he continued on with the details such as the fact that these ponies have turned into humans. They now walk on their back legs and have fingers. Those were my husbands exact words, actually. And it wasn't until I witnessed it for myself that I thought our previous conversation was silly. Now, I'm as puzzled as he is. I suppose they'll need to change their theme song to "My Little Human, My Little Human, Ah, Ah, Ah, AH, My Little Human..." 


The original version of the My Little Pony characters.


The updated version of those same characters.


I failed to mention that the most interesting part of this entire thing is that our almost 4 year old son is the one addicted to My Little Pony. So here we are, defending our son's rights to watch "realistic", colorful, ditzy ponies dance around the television screen. Geez, the least they could do is make them walk on all fours again. 

*Sigh* 

Sincerely, 

Me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment