Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Entering a New Era.

Dear Diary, 


I am beginning to think there is a shift happening around this joint. My newly turned 2  & 4 year olds have been acting peculiar. For one, they are finally starting to get along. (Can I get a hallelujah!?) And for two, there have been odd songs and sightings going on. 

Last week, I attended a party at a friend's house. This party had quite a few kids in attendance. The kids happily played in my friend's backyard, where many Roly Polies abounded. Somehow, my 4 year old got a hold of a paper cup, filled it with soil, a tuft of grass (sorry for the bald spot on your lawn, Susan) and about 10 roly-polies. It sat on our kitchen countertop for a day or two while I tried to convince my little man to set them free in our grass. He would have none of it. 

That evening, I was scrubbing away at a dish, when all of the sudden I see this Roly Poly (a.k.a. "Skiddy Bug" as my 2 year old calls them) cruising across the edge of my sink. Puzzled, I had my eyeballs trace his route backwards and found that the cup had been knocked over and there were some escapees. Simultaneously, from over the countertop, I heard my son singing "Old Mac Donald had a poop, E-I-E-I-O" and giggling while my daughter laughed along with him. I have only heard stories of the Bugs & Poop stage. I believe I have arrived

I peeked inside that cup a day later and found a few of them were dead, so I took matters into my own hands and set them free at the disapproval of my son. Rest in peace, Skiddy Bugs. I am sure you were only the first of many more to come. 

Sincerely, 

Me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment