Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I've Arrived.

Dear Diary, 

     After weeks and weeks of suffering through sicknesses and my eldest childs' flirtation with death on a daily basis, I've decided to blog. However, those are stories for another day

     Today was a terrible day. The kind where you accidentally curse out loud in front of your children because it's seriously impossible for them to eat their lunches in less than an hour, where your curious baby flips the dog's water bowl over- soaking herself and the carpet, where the dang match breaks in half as you're trying to light it, your kid has poop up her back from an extra forceful push, the grill won't light, Netflix won't work, the kids won't sleep, and you haven't eaten a real meal even once in the day. Believe it or not, aaaaalllll of those things happened at this house today. Minus the cursing. That happened yesterday. 

    So, naturally, I pasted this image on the front lobe of my brain. 



To top it off, starting today and finishing through to the rest of the week, my husband will be gone every single night for various activities. I decided I'd make the most of it. But it wasn't until I was actually getting ready for my "awesome night in" that I realized something. I realized that my definition of a perfect night to myself included basking in a freshly vacuumed house, the dishes done, the lights down low, eating a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch that I found economy size on clearance at my local grocery store, and watching Gossip Girl. I'd like to say that I've finally arrived to Mom Status, but I think even 10 years ago, I'd have done the same thing, only replaced Gossip Girl with Boy Meets World re-runs. If I had a glass in my hand, I'd raise it and make a toast to all you wonderful moms who recollect their sanity at the end of the day, only to lose it again the next morning. Cheers to you! And one more toast to our awesome children who teach us the true meaning of love & patience! All of the sudden, I think I'm thirsty.

Sincerely, 

Me. 

P.S. Obama wanted to toast to us as well. He didn't get the memo that I was only drinking Cherry Pepsi. Excuse his creeper face, he's had a long day, too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment