Tuesday, November 6, 2012

It Was a Knock-Out!

Dear Diary, 

     I knocked myself out today. Out cold. My screen of life went black. But instead of shutting down completely, my human computer just restarted itself. The color came back and surprisingly, the only words that came out of my mouth were, "Oh, shoot." And while holding my head, trying to get my bearings, my eyebrows shot up in surprise that I didn't blurt out something worse. (Especially considering I felt like this guy...)

     The story goes as follows. I decided to buck up and clean my car. (My first mistake. I knew cleaning was bad for you.)If you have kids, you know how daunting of a task this is. Smashed Cheeto's, books, binkies, finger-printed windows, stickers everywhere, wrappers, diapers, wipes, and all other kid-related items scattered throughout the vehicle. All the doors were open, including the back door when I was cleaning out my son's side of the car. While walking around to the other side, I walked full-force into the back door (I'm usually short enough to make clearance. Not this time). The corner tip of the door, which ran perpendicular to my body, scraped the top of my head and knocked me out. All went black and I doubled over. All I can say is, good thing it's Tuesday instead of Monday. Or is it. 

Sincerely, 

Me. 

3 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha that's awesome! I also dd that the other day but More idiotically! I was lying under our indoor trampoline which is about a foot off of the ground and I was trying to tie the safety net down around the trampoline perimeter. I was flat in my back and had my hands directly above my nose. I pulled with all my might on the net for extra slack and my hands slipped and I punched myself right in the nose. Totally saw stars and just lied there thinking wow I'm glad no one saw that! What a damn idiot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's IT! I'm never cleaning out my car again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Danica, I can't even TELL you how many times I've done things like that! Glad you're okay! And Karessa, I would advise you to leave your car exactly the way it is. : )

    ReplyDelete