Monday, November 12, 2012

Now I Know.

Dear Diary, 

     Every week, it's the same thing. Mondays stink, Mondays are the worst, Monday-Monday-Stupid-Monday. I always thought it was just some self-fulfilling prophecy from the pessimistic peeps of America, because hey- remember last Tuesday? When I knocked myself out? Yeah, that was not a Monday. I have had plenty of bad days, my friends. And my bad days don't discriminate. It's like Russian Roulette with bad days around this joint. 

     But today, I discovered the horrible beauty of Mondays being less than stellar. There really is something about kicking off the week with a string of negative events. You kind of pretty much feel like a failure at life. 

     My morning began with mealworms. Yes, these babies. All over my kitchen floor. Like a mealworm apocalyptic invasion. 


I saw one, then two. Thirty three mealworms later, all scooped up into my dustpan and about a million more in my kitchen trashcan, I hauled balls to clean up shop. I'm talkin dumping the kitchen trash into the big trash bin outside, sweeping the kitchen, power spraying out the plastic kitchen trash can, vacuuming, the whole kit and caboodle. 

     Phase two of my bad day was gathering up groceries with two kids in the cart that has an attachment that looks like a car (you know the kind...you feel like you're driving a Greyhound bus down the skinny aisles)only to realize at the checkout counter that your wallet is indeed at home. Just where you left it. Sadly enough, my freak-tastic photographic memory where I know all 16 digits, the expiration date and the security code on the back make no difference whatsoever and I was monetarily imprisoned by my forgetfulness. 

     Phase three included feeding a child who would rather have nothing to do with food (like, EVER) and it takes 45 minutes to eat a sandwich. He also likes to slam doors in the house and crush his baby sister's hand underneath it when I turn my back for 5 seconds. Somebody got some major spankings today. 

     Phase four was being asked to speak in church. In 6 days. Which, to be honest, wasn't that bad. I had a lot of good in my day today, too. Like kissing up my babies' cheeks (my kids have the kissiest skin you've ever kissed), having my hubby home for lunch, and Skype-ing with my brother and his girlfriend. Oh, and did I mention I took a 2 hour nap? Holla for a dolla, my friends. Today was not so bad. 

Sincerely, 

Me. Just another manic Monday. 

1 comment:

  1. Good to know I'm not the only one who has woken up to their kitchen floor crawling with some kind of worm thing. That was a horrible day that day. I felt so violated. And I get the shivers every time I think about it.

    ReplyDelete