Friday, November 30, 2012

What A Week. Or Two.

Dear Diary, 

     My apologies for my lack of presence as of late. Let me briefly explain why I was gone. 

Nov. 16- My grandmother passed away. 
Nov. 16- My husband's big birthday bash happened. 
Nov. 17- Was alone with the kids while my husband cashed in on his birthday present, which included flying an airplane by himself after instruction from a pilot. (Awesome, I know.) 
Nov. 18th- Gave a ten minute speech/talk/sermon (for whichever religion you are) at my church, it was also my brother's birthday. 
Nov. 19th- Drove 2.5 hours to Snowflake, AZ to begin our funeral/Thanksgiving journey. Our journey began at 6 PM. 
Nov. 20th- Woke up and headed the rest of the way to Albuquerque, NM (4 hours). Spent time with family and ran errands to prepare for the funeral. 
Nov. 21st- Day of the funeral and also my husband's OFFICIAL birthday. We also drove the 4 hours to El Paso, TX to spend the holidays with family. 

***So, just to be sure- did you catch that? At this point, we have traveled 10.5 hours, been in 3 states in 3 days and are about to sleep in the 4th different house for the 4th night in a row. Let's proceed. By the way, we have 2 kids.***

Nov. 21st- We arrive in TX, get the kids ready for bed and get ready to go to a movie to salvage what was left of my hubby's birthday. My 2 year old is hardly breathing and his heart is about to beat out of its chest. He had been feeling under the weather, so we run him to the Urgent Care. They don't take our insurance. We run him to the ER. The waiting room is pretty full. Finally, they check him (and others)with a stethoscope and decide he is first priority so they send him to triage. He is put on oxygen and we find out that no air was circulating through his lungs, thus the reason he is taking such short breaths. It is now 8:30 PM

9:00 PM- He begins the first of three albuterol treatments to open up his lungs. 

9:30 PM- Round 2 of albuterol, more oxygen. And coloring books.

10:00 PM- Administration of an oral steroid. 

10:30 PM- Chest X-Ray. 

11:00 PM- Round 3 of albuterol. 

Midnight- Oxygen saturation monitoring to see if we can go home. 

1:30 AM- Discharged with an inhaler chamber and prescriptions for 2 medications. 

1:55 AM- Pick up the medicines from Walgreens and hit up Jack in the Box for some late night chicken nuggets and fries.

2:30 AM- Finally go to bed. 

Nov. 22nd- My little man is up at 6:30, even though he went to bed 4 hours ago. My daughter eats something that didn't sit well and has a bloody/blistery diaper rash accompanied with poop water (delicious) and midnight screams that everyone greatly appreciated. Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving

Nov. 25th- We brave the 6 hour journey back to AZ. My husband decides we should stop and chat with family in Tucson, although we have 2 tired/cranky children. Visiting was a blast, but our baby cried the rest of the 2 hours home. I'm talking, BLOODY SCREAMS, people. 2 hours worth. Should I repeat that? 

Nov. 26th- Son has appointment with the ENT because of a possible infection. ENT orders him a CT Scan of the Sinuses and blood work to check for Valley Fever

Nov. 27th- Son has CT Scan and results are that he has a sinus infection and needs antibiotics and steroids. 

Nov. 29th- Son has blood work done, no results yet on the Valley Fever. Ran to the grocery store pharmacy to pick up his medications.

Nov. 30th- (TODAY!) Daughter has appointment with pediatrician. Both kids had the flu shot. Yesterday and today resulted in a lot of tears. 

Forgive me for not blogging these past 14 days...we've been a bit busy. Thanks for still reading!

Sincerely, 

Me. The Not-So Wimpy Mom Anymore. 




1 comment:

  1. Wow, Lauren!! I'm so sorry that you had all of those horrific things happen in just a short time. I hope the kids are better. I feel tired after reading through your last two weeks. I'm sending you plenty of love from Paris and hope you get some sleep soon. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete