Thursday, January 31, 2013

I Have Crossed.

Dear Diary, 

     There is a fine line very obvious big, black, bold, thick line that separates women without children and women with children. I'd like to think I stay somewhere in the middle. I don't own a minivan, a diaper bag (*gasp* I never have), or a double stroller. I don't buy my kids shoes that light up or have cartoon characters on them. I don't own a million huge, plastic, toe-stubbing toys that fill my house until there is no room to walk. But today I realized that my ensemble screamed "I'm a mom!" from head to toe. 

     When I caught myself being extra Momly, I realized I was at the grocery store...just for fun. Merely to roam the aisles. Strike one

     Then I remembered my super short hair cut that I got a few days ago- a total look changer. Even the kids' pediatrician's assistant noticed. I went from hair down the middle of my back, to an incredibly short bob an inch above my jaw line. I now see why mothers do it. No throw up, food or any other foreign object lands in my hair anymore. No one pulls it or steps on it, either. Smart style, but incredibly motherly. 

     Strike three came when I realized the pants I was wearing had a busted zipper from after I had my last child, putting them on after thinking I was skinnier than I truly was. That didn't stop me from wearing them. My husband even asked if my zipper was down. Nope, no it isn't. Just busted. 

     To top it off, I looked down and saw my Crocs. Not the regular ole pair of Crocs, but the ones lined with fuzzy layer as to keep one's feet warm in the cold Arizona winters. 

     Needless to say, I was ashamed. But happy, too. And the kids and I did our usual singing and dancing in the car all the way home, while sharing a bag of Skittles and Goldfish. I'm a mom. So sue me

Sincerely, 

Me. 
     

1 comment:

  1. I'm the mother of a 22 month old and expecting my second in about 7.5 weeks. I just got a "Mom Bob" yesterday. The hubby wasn't so thrilled but man, is it easier to take care of.

    ReplyDelete