Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ignorance is Bliss.


Dear Diary, 

     
     I've heard them before. And so have you. Stories of parents taking their little one out in public and having some stranger ask what gender they are. That, or they very confidently compliment them using the wrong gender. Well today, that happened to me. While my daughter was wearing a pink top and brown/pink polka dotted pants. Sure, she may be a big, bald, blondie- but she was in pink! Here is how it went. 

Receptionist: Awwww! Is it a boy? Girl? Boy? No, girl...?

My husband: A girl.

Me (thoughts only): For real, lady? Did you have vodka for lunch? 

Receptionist: He's CUTE! 

*Siiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhh* My mind. Was. Boggled. Thanks for the compliment on my son-slash-daughter. You're a very nice lady. 


Sincerely, 

Me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment