Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Potty Training is harder than it seems...

Dear Diary, 


(I think this is how little kids see the toilet...)

     Today was an exciting day in the potty training department. We are going on 8 days with no diapers. But we are only on day 1 of no accidents. And surprisingly enough, the only day of no accidents was the very first day of no diapers. I feel as if I can, in some small way, relate to those big corporations that have those charts that say "We are going on ____ days of no accidents in the workplace". But even with the constant undie-soiling, the chillins and I took a trip to a nearby park. Sure enough, a few minutes into our arrival, my little man comes waddling towards me, letting me know he has a turd in his shorts. 

     Luckily, because of its Tootsie Roll nature, it was transferable from underwear to trashcan. Then he decided he needed to urinate. I hid him behind a part of the playground so he could relieve his bladder, but helping him aim his 'Lil Smoky was harder than I realized. Meanwhile, over on a nearby blanket, my daughter was chompin down wood chips like they were goin out of style. I definitely appreciate the lack of sand lining the Arizona playgrounds, but I think the sand would have sifted its way out of my girl's fingers by the time her fist reached her mouth. I finally shoved a Cheeto's Puff in her hands and hoped it would hold her off for a while. Once I finally got my little dude situated, I came back to a daughter with smashed, wet Cheeto's all over her face and hands, attracting numerous flies and ants. Really? I'm pretty sure I was gone for about 49 seconds. I cleaned that up and we moved to the swings. Once I picked my son up to set him on the big boy swing, I felt a lump similar to the first turd spoken of earlier. Checked the undies...and guess what? Confirmation of my suspicion. Game over. We went home and caught the tail end of Ellen. I wasn't too disappointed about that. 

Sincerely, 

Me. The poop queen. 

1 comment:

  1. Ellen to the rescue! I'm not looking forward to potty training. AT ALL. Just remember, you are a superhero.

    ReplyDelete