Thursday, October 18, 2012

No, No, No.


Dear Diary, 

     Do you ever feel like this? Sometimes, just for fun, I reminisce to the pre-child days. (Note: I love my kids and wouldn't trade them for anything! But...read on.) 

     On Saturdays, my husband and I could wake up at 10 AM if we wanted to. Then, we could slowly roll ourselves out of bed to take a loooooong hot shower, just leaning against the wall like zombies with the water hitting us. Then we could either cook ourselves a fancy breakfast and eat it on the back porch, or we could take our wallets full of money (due to being a childless, double income family, of course) and hit up the Cracker Barrel down the street. Then we could go ride around town on our motorcycle, stop at the Outlet Mall, see a movie, pick up some lunch, come home, take a nap, play video games, eat dinner, then hit the sack. As a mother of 2 youngins, I cannot even FATHOM the thought of that type of Saturday. 

     This little Haiku is exactly how I feel most mornings. But I am happy to say our little anti-sleeper pulled off and entire nights' sleep last night. I'm talkin 8:30 pm - 7 am. I wadded up that invisible Haiku and flushed it down the toilet this morning. Let's just hope it was the first of many nights. 

Sincerely, 

Me. 

1 comment:

  1. sounds like my life lately. i need to be more grateful for my lifestyle!

    ReplyDelete