Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Bit Fishy.

Dear Diary, 

     As I rip the spine out of a dead fish, stab my fork into the can of sardines, and flop parts of it onto a veggie blend Ritz cracker, I end up reflecting on just how off-kilter my food cravings can be. And I'm not even pregnant. Pickles and ice cream got nothin on this. But...I figure if NO ONE likes them, they wouldn't be sold in stores. So take your judgment elsewhere, people! 

     I also end up reflecting on how motherhood has shaped me as a person. In my pre-mommy days, I would have held a silent grudge against any person who perpetually vomited on my freshly washed clothes, woke me up from just about every nap I've ever tried to take, and made me change their poopy underwear multiple times a day. But as a mom to two beautiful children, I realize that I have learned more about patience and love these last 3 years than I ever have in my entire life. Moms, here's to almost losing our minds every single day, but always finding that extra piece of love stashed away in the reserve tank of our hearts. 

Sincerely, 

Me + Moms Everywhere. 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment