Friday, September 7, 2012

The Letter P.


Dear Diary, 

     One day, long ago, when I was actually cleaning my house...the sunlight burst through my bedroom window like blinding rays of happiness and my toddler played nicely in the bedroom as I tidied up my bathroom. And it was quiet. It was like some serene, clinkly-tinkly version of a lullaby was playing in my head...and then it endedBecause, we all know silent children are dangerous children. The worst kind, actually. Lo and behold, I was right. (Aren't moms always right?) With his back turned to me, my *sweet* little boy had found a travel size baby soap bottle and decided to give our laptop keyboard a soap bath. Needless to say, our computer was mighty clean after that incident. Along with multiple numbers not working right. 

     The computer became paralyzed that day. The left shift button, the number 7, the left command, and the letter P have all died. Rest in P-ce. It is tragic. 

     It was my friend Peter Smuda's birthday yesterday. My birthday wish was a flop. Sorry, Peter. In case you don't understand paralyzed computer speech, Hap0 means Happy Birthday. And the more I got angry with the letter P, the more zeroes it tacked on and then it went ahead and showed me what it was made of my somehow hitting the "enter" button. This may be worse than autocorrect. 


 · 



Sincerely, 

Me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment