Friday, August 31, 2012

Babies Bring All Kinds of Things...

Dear Diary, 


Today we went out to eat with my family. On my hip was a cute little bright-eyed blonde baby sporting a leopard print shirt with neon green stitching, neon green shorts and a huge lacey white headband garnished with a gigantic white bow. The very second we walked through the door, a lady actually got up out of her chair to reach across the table to hold my baby's hand. The entire table was smitten by this little girl. I made it through the crowd at the bar and over to the hostess. The lady behind me in line got right up in our faces and was "baby talking" all kinds to my little one, making her smile. Then throughout our time at dinner, multiple about-to-get-drunk, almost-drunk, already-drunk, and absolutely-hammered people came around just to see this little girl and compliment us on her gigantic bow that quite closely resembled a head lamp. My favorite, though, was the guy that walked away from the bar, stopped to look at her and say "she's cute!" only to dash across the room towards the bathroom so he could vomit violently before the door even shut behind him. I sure love listening to a nice vomit session while indulging in a chile relleno burrito. Mmmmm. Welcome to the classic Texan hole-in-the-wall-Mexican restaurant. Good times. 

Sincerely, 

Me. 

P.S. I think lots of people in the restaurant had a case of the "I Don't Know What To Get"'s tonight...


     

1 comment:

  1. Isn't is gratifying when everyone tells you how adorable your offspring is? You have great genetics and great taste in baby fashion. Win win.

    ReplyDelete