Monday, August 27, 2012

*Sniff, Sniff*

Dear Diary, 

     What a weekend! We ventured off to the faraway land of Prescott, Arizona and it was awesome. However, 4 adults and 2 children in one hotel room can get tricky. Toilets flushing, doors opening and closing, TV getting turned on and off...a recipe for a sleepless night indeed. But it was fun and we made it back home just before sending our little man on an airplane to Texas with grandma and grandpa. I'm pretty sure I died inside for a second or two. And shed some tears. 

     A few months earlier, it would have been my dream to have my workload cut in half at least for one day, and now here I am, tapping my fingers, wondering what I am going to do with my time for the next five days. Our TV hasn't been turned on all day. I've done 3 loads of laundry. I've made an entire batch of chopped green chile. I've taken my baby to her doctor's appointment. I've checked my Facebook. Three times. I've checked the mail. I've assisted my husband in bleeding the clutch of our super old car so he could drive it to work. I've actually eaten breakfast AND lunch. And I am currently laying against a mound of fluffy pillows, covered with a fuzzy wubby, eating M&M's and have a frosty glass of water to my left. Sounds like Heaven...but I miss my little man! Once a mom, always a mom. I wouldn't trade my kids for a million years of relaxtion. (*Did I just hear gasping?*) But it took grandma whisking him away for me to truly realize it. The picture below describes how I feel most days. And after the loneliness I've felt for the last 22 hours, I'd take this chaos back in a heartbeat!


Sincerely, 

Me. The sad momma who misses her little love bug. But seriously. The above picture is totally me. 

1 comment: