Wednesday, August 8, 2012

It Didn't Kill Me.


Dear Diary, 

     Remember how I hate the dentist? But I can't get away from him because I have so many teeth problems due to pregnancy and breastfeeding? Yeeeeeeah. Today I went in to get four teeth filled. Four! Ugh. It was one of those visits where I'm trying to be cool and collected while reading Time Magazine: Olympic Edition. But reading all about Gabby Douglas while trying to not think about the pain I was about to endure like a cow going to the slaughter house only made me want to bee-line it to the bathroom. And if I couldn't get there fast enough, I was sure I was going to just poop my pants. However, I swallowed my fear, made it to the chair and past the nasty pink ball of numbing agent on the end of multiple Q-Tips sticking out of my mouth. 

     But wouldn't you know it, just as that wretched, nails-on-a-chalkboard drilling noise is going on inside my mouth, Kelly Clarkson is belting out "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" over the radio intercom. How ironic. I guess considering my past 8 fillings, 1 retreated filling, 2 root canals and a myriad of shots in my gums that resulted in not only a numb mouth, but numb lips, chin, eyes and forehead as well- I should be as strong as Hulk Hogan since I haven't died yet. Just go ahead and call me awesome. And pray that I never have to see the dentist again. At least for a while.

Sincerely, 

Me. 

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully you won't have to go back ... Until you have another baby and start your problems all over. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told Jeremy that once he becomes a dentist he will have to pull all of my teeth and do a complete set of dental implants :) And if my gums can't handle that, I will go for dentures. I am sick of having crappy teeth and a constant toothache!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh Rikki, you have these problems also? They are so awful! I just want to roll over and die some days! And yes, I am also counting down the days until we have a full-blown dentist in the fam! We will pay Jeremy in X-Box games : ) HA. And Danica, I'm not sure more children will enter this little fam anytime soon!

      Delete