Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Little Twisted.

Dear Diary, 

     Today was beautiful. I went to bed to the sound of raindrops pitter-pattering onto my courtyard sidewalk and woke up to gray and white clouds hanging overhead a little closer to the ground than usual. Only patches of blue sky found their way between the clouds and as I took my kids outside, I took a deep breath in and said aloud, "Hmmm! It's nice out today!" THEN I REALIZED: It's one hundred degrees out here and I'm thinking it's nice. This Arizona sky fooled me so badly that all afternoon I was being drawn to my tall economy size can of Starbuck's Hot Cocoa as if it were cold out. I cannot wait until Christmas, when it will be only 85 degrees instead of the usual 116 we've been experiencing these past couple of weeks. At least in the winter I don't have sweaty boobs. This winter cannot come fast enough. 

Sincerely, 

Me. The winter enthusiast. Who obviously lives in Arizona. 

And this may or may not be the real reason I love winter. 


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. There is nothing worse that summer boob sweat. It is so prevalent in Arizona. Outings with Elliott are the worst. Getting a baby in and out of a car seat in a sweltering car... UGH. I, too, long for the cool 80 degrees of November...

    ReplyDelete