Wednesday, August 22, 2012

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back.


Dear Diary, 

     Having a teething baby makes me want to curse. All the time. I'm certain I have a long string of size 8 font expletives floating around in my mind twenty four hours a day, seven days a week while teething occurs. I think this phase of a baby's life is more irritating and mind-melting than watching Jersey Shore. Not that I've seen it...

     But it seems as though when one hellish stage ends, an even worse one commences. For example: Baby begins to sleep through the night at 3 or 4 months. (Usually. This is NOT the case with my youngest, which is why I have this blog. I am partially insane.) Cue the teeth cutting. You're up all night medicating them, then they eventually get used to the pain and stop needing you. But now they stand up in their crib and find ways to escape...successfully. Next comes potty training. ENOUGH SAID. Then your child is in a toddler bed, but afraid of monsters in his/her closet. Then your child grows up just enough to decide sleep is a wonderful thing and you are shaking them out of bed to go to school. Then your kid learns the magic of telling lies. Next thing you know, they are interested in the opposite gender, learning about drugs, and quite possibly deciding that parents are lame. If there is anything motherhood taught me, it's that it is not for the faint of heart. I might have just suffered through a mild heart attack while writing this.

Sincerely, 

Me. The Wimpiest Mom of All. 

1 comment: