Saturday, August 18, 2012

Worry Much?

Dear Diary, 

     Yesterday, my husband and I had the incredible opportunity to go on a date. And it was lovely. Nothing like snarfing down a Freddy's steakburger and fries with an appetite of a breastfeeding mother that brought me to the brink of vomiting all night long. Note to self: Never over-eat again. But it was so worth it. 


     Afterwards, we saw The Dark Knight Rises. 





     Best 2 hours and 44 minutes I have ever spent in a movie theater. (I'm a sucker for action movies.) I actually fell in love with Christian Bale, approved of Anne Hathaway and laughed at Cillian Murphy...three things that have never happened before. But Bane was the creepiest villain I have yet to see and it has made me paranoid all day long. We all know moms worry as it is...




*Where's my kid?

*Is he buckled in right?

*Did he eat all his food?

*It's 12:01, you were supposed to be asleep at noon. 

*Is he hot? Is he cold? 

*Who's that man looking at my kid in the grocery store? 

     We're all a bunch of overly-excited crazies at times. But we have the right! However, as stated above, after watching Batman, my levels of paranoia spiked. I was grazing the aisles at Hobby Lobby when I had this psychotic, irrational thought that the lady walking past me was going to stab me in the back with a knife like Miranda Tate did to Batman last night! Then the lady stopped and got right up in my business to look at the same things I was looking at and I think I could have sharted. It'd be a better story if I did. We'll just pretend I did. I'm still scared just thinking about it. 




Sincerely, 

Me. Worry Wart McGee. 

     

     

1 comment: