Monday, September 10, 2012

For Crying Out in the Night!

Dear Diary, 

     I'm pretty sure the phrase "For Crying Out in the Night!" came from back in the day when babies would not allow their sad, lethargic mothers to rest for an entire night- leaving these said mothers to curse the incredibly loud noise coming from such a tiny human being. 

     I'm happy I'm still alive though, because I think someone can only go something like 11 days without sleep before they fall over dead, and I am *fairly* certain I've exceeded that number. 

     Today I woke up more tired than I've been in a long time and I thought to myself- "Don't I have vacation days saved up somewhere???" Aahhhh. What a sham. Some people look forward to retirement. I look forward to the day I can grab a sudoku book, plop down on the toilet and lounge there for so long that I get that big red ring around my back side. 

Sincerely, 

Me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment