Wednesday, July 4, 2012

All Tuckered Out.

Dear Diary, 


     Today my little man woke up at 10:45 am. TEN-FORTY-FIVE!!! I'm lucky if I can get him to sleep past 6:30 am most mornings. We spent the past few days at grandma and grandpa's house and they live out in the country, so we slept with the windows open (I loved it!) and the sun seriously rises out there at 4:30 am. And naturally, when the sun's up, the kids are up. So now that he's back at home where black-out curtains line his window, he just decided he'd sleep until the sun came up! (...But it never did, due to the curtains...) I felt like I was on vacation! Had french toast with my lover, watched some TV, read my book, had some afternoon delight (hahaha) and bummed around in my jammies all morning. That is my kind of 4th of July! But the kids have just gone to bed and ironically enough, when you put kids to bed early they sleep longer...and when you put them to bed late, they wake up at the bum-crack of dawn. I don't care if the clock says 5:59:59...it is still one second away from 6 am and not okay to wake up. Here's to hoping July 5th is as good a day as July 4th was. Happy Independence Day!  


Sincerely, 


Me. 


Generally, this is my life. But I'm so glad today I was able to do what I wanted! Thanks, kids! 



No comments:

Post a Comment