Wednesday, July 18, 2012

We're Kinda Awesome.

Dear Diary, 


     After having a second child, I have become really good at doing my domestic duties one handed. And I mean really good. One day I even blew my own mind by ironing an entire dress shirt (sleeves, collar and all) with my baby in the other arm. Other things I've done with one arm include:


*Eating
*Washing my toddler off in the bath while I balance the previously wobbly almost-sitting-up-by-herself-but-not-quite-yet baby with my other hand
*Pushing a shopping cart and a stroller that isn't aligned right (that is way harder than it seems btw). Curse those non-swiveling wheels.
*Doing laundry
*Putting away laundry
*Cooking meals
*Making the bed
*Wrangling up the remotes so I can turn on Netflix, only to switch the show 100 times within a half-hour period
*Going to the bathroom
*Wiping (that kinda went without saying...)




     Basically, us moms are just kinda awesome. Some people can't even walk and chew gum. I think all the people that text & drive aren't moms. Although this isn't my personal it's-okay-to-text-and-drive statement. Be awesome without causing car accidents. Us minivan driving soccer moms already have bad reps on the road. 


Sincerely, 


Me. And all other one-handed moms who think they're awesome, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment