Saturday, July 7, 2012

Evicted.



Dear Diary, 


     As if it isn't enough to get evicted from the womb...the only cozy, warm place you've ever known...only to be kicked out of your (out-of-the-womb) room like a person who doesn't pay rent. This happened to my two year old when he was 14 days old. 


     The kid was the dang noisiest bugger I have ever heard in my life. Having a panting dog at the end of the bed would have been easier to sleep through than the sniffs and grunts and little tiny hands scratching the pack n play mattress in the middle of the night. All while he is dead asleep. We had a one bedroom apartment the size of the back of a pick up truck, so naturally we had no room for a real crib. We had our sweet new bundle of joy in our room until daddy snapped. He had enough of the scratchy/sniffy/grunty noises I spoke of a second ago. All of the sudden I see his side of the bed's covers fly up into the air and flop onto my side of the bed. My husband's large silhouette crosses the room and WOOP! Lifts up the entire Pack n Play with baby and all, walks it across the room, turns sideways, shuffles through the doorway (anyone else notice how those stupid things don't fit through a normal doorway? I'm not sure how he did it so easily. He was determined, I guess...) and plops the baby's entire house in the living room. Just left him there in the dark, no biggie. My nurturing momma side felt bad for all of .2 seconds and then I rolled over and we all got some sleep for the first time in 2 weeks. Ever since that day, our kids have never slept in our bedroom. The end. 


Sincerely, 


Me. 

2 comments:

  1. Haha! My parents were visiting and stayed in the baby's room so we had him in our room...worst nights ever! Parents and baby woke each other up. He's been taking four naps a day since he's gotten his room back to make up for the lack of sleep. Boy am I glad he has his own room. :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had our first baby sleep in our room to start out too. After only 2 nights my husband kicked him out. Derek is more patient than my husband I guess. :) I think the main noise deterrent was how loud he was when he ate. All sorts of grunting and gulping noises. I thought it was cute, but I wasn't trying to sleep. We all slept much better when he was in his own room.

    ReplyDelete