Saturday, July 21, 2012

Hold the Cart!

Dear Diary,


     I used to feel guilty. All those times I just could not get myself to trek across the long parking lot to return the cart. And yet, I was ecstatic to find an "up-fronter" only to be utterly disappointed and cursing all lazy moms for not just walking a few feet to the cart stall to put the dang cart back. Come on, people! Geez! But now, I am proud to say things have changed


     For some reason, this past week I've had to make lots of trips to random stores. Every time I'd approach the parking lot, I found myself circling around like a shark waiting for prey. But my prey was a stray cart that some lazy mother-shopper left behind. I didn't even care how far away from the entrance my car was. I just needed a random cart that I could plop my 25 pound kid/car seat combo and my equally heavy toddler into so I could just wheel everyone to the door. (Sometimes, on the way out of the store, I hop on the cart myself and we all roll like a bunch of crazies to our car.)


     Anyways, I've been stripped of my guilt. Now, when I go places like TJ Maxx or Goodwill...places that don't have cart stalls...I don't feel bad beaching the cart up onto a median full of rocks. I just tell myself that another desperate mother will be glad I left it there. You're welcome


Sincerely, 


Me. 





Happy to say this is a guilt-free face, right here.

4 comments:

  1. My kids love the "run and ride" back to the car. They egg me on yelling "faster, faster Mom!". Meanwhile, I have left the Commissary bagger in the dust..you know, the one toting all my groceries at a snail's pace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! You are so funny! I feel the same way! I will even risk getting my car dented if it means i get to park next to the cart corral!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scoring the spot next to the cart corral is like finding a gold nugget in your baby's diaper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHA. You know how to put my thoughts into typed words...but you make it WAY funnier than I ever could.

    ReplyDelete