Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Facing the Front.

Dear Diary, 


     Last week I took the kids to the pediatrician for some check-ups. The nurse was tappin away on her keyboard while trying to ask me some questions. They went like this


Nurse: "So...*tap,tap,tap*...you know that bumpers on the crib are no longer recommended. So if you have one, you can just sell it." 


Me: *Silence* (Did that make sense to anyone? If no one is using them, why would someone buy the one that I have?) 


Nurse: *Tap,tap*...Also, walkers are bad for babies. Make sure you don't use those, either. 


Me: *Silence yet again* I like those walkers. I will be using mine. If for no other reason than to keep my baby happy while I whip up dinner or check my Facebook. 


Nurse: "And the new recommendation for car seats has changed since your first baby, so they now suggest your baby stay in a rear-facing car seat until they are two." 


Me: (GEEZ. Has everything changed since 2010?)"...*Chuckle*...I probably won't be following that recommendation..."


Nurse: (Shoots a look at me like...excuse me?)


Me: "Think about it. How comfortable would you be if your kid sat like this? (I used my awesome charades skills to crouch into a ball and demonstrate the absolute discomfort the child would experience if following this said recommendation). Their feet would have nowhere to go." 


Nurse: "Well, if you think about it, we don't sit with our legs straight out. They are bent also." 




(I felt like this guy...)


Me: **This lady is missing the point. It is quite possible she does not have children** "Hmm. I guess it's just crazy then that us moms will trade our children's "safety" for our sanity. A seven hour roadtrip with a rear-facing two year old really can't be too much fun." 


I think she got it by this time. Poor nurse. I'm one of those moms that will take in all the information I get, but spit out all the pieces I really don't need. Which is probably 99% of it. Okay, maybe more like 60%. Here's to moms who let everyone else know that they know what they're doing. After all, no one knows your kids like you do. 



Sincerely, 

Me.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more on this one. I just smile and nod when the doctor tells me to do something and I know there is no way I'm going to do it. And that ecard is hilarious. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I told people what I really thought. Hahaha. But I like people to like me, so I won't test it.

    ReplyDelete