Monday, July 2, 2012

Family Pictures.

Dear Diary, 


     Today we took family pictures. It was the epitome of chaos. Trying to snap the "picture perfect" image of a family with 8 adults, 1 teenager, and 5 kids under the age of 5 was the perfect recipe for a disaster and absolutely fit for a sitcom. About 42 seconds into the shoot, the wind blew everyone's hair in an unnatural direction. So we moved spots. Then a swarm of yellowjackets attacked my brother in law, giving him two gnarly, puffy white circles on his cheek. He and my sister (yes, my sister is married to my husband's brother. Awesome!) took off to the grocery store for some Benadryl. This made our group of 14 go down to 12. Then my father-in-law suddenly disappeared. He had to go to work, but I'm not sure anyone knew that. Well, they probably did, but I had no idea. That, or someone told me and in true mom fashion, the big news left my brain 8 seconds after it entered it. So by that time we had 13 people left. Then the waterworks turn on for the babes. 177 tantrums later, we snapped some decent pictures. Note: These are not the decent pictures I speak of.  




     One of the boys didn't want to sit still, so we had to grab him a prop. Thankfully, it was a red Radio Flyer bike that completely matched our outfit colors. Then, my little nugget ran out of patience and decided she was starved. As the seconds ticked, our group quickly diminished to nothing. I remember walking back into the house thinking, "Well that went well." And yet somehow, in the midst of the tornado, there was a ray of sunshine! We got some good little snapshots, thanks to my sister-in-law's sister. (Was that confusing?) Fun family, fun times! I wouldn't trade these people for anything in the world.

Sincerely, 

Me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment