Saturday, June 23, 2012

Ketchup, Anyone?

Dear Diary, 


     The older my toddler gets, the stronger my realization becomes that he would eat anything and everything with ketchup. Eggs, bacon, quesadillas, french fries...those are all fairly reasonable foods to eat with ketchup. But once you start crossing over into the french toast/waffle/pancake section, you. are. doomed. I actually think that he *might* even try to eat a rock if you dipped it in ketchup. And I can't help but wonder...when will it end? My siblings each had an obsession with a certain type of food when we were younger. My older brother coated his foods with salt, my sister killed her meals with ranch dressing and my younger brother would slather an entire stick of softened butter on things if you let him. Fast forward twenty years and they are all the same with those foods as they were back then. It gives me no hope for my toddler with this newfound ketchup obsession when I think back to one of my friends (my age) who mentioned a while back that she still eats ketchup on her waffles. Thankfully, ketchup is cheap (although extremely messy). So my water bill might go skyrocketing with all the laundry that anxiously awaits me in the future, but at least my grocery bills won't be outrageous. 



Sincerely, 
Me

1 comment:

  1. This reminded me that when I was pregnant with Cohen, I craved hot things. Now days, the boy likes to eat jalapenos, green chili, salsa, etc. Weird!

    ReplyDelete