Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Urine For It.

Dear Diary, 


     Today it hit me. It was a funny thing, making this realization five months into my infant's life, but it was a realization nonetheless. 


     It has struck me that my daughter has peed on me more times since being born than my son has. The wild, miniature hose of an infant boy is indeed dangerous, especially when the private is standing at attention. That's always weird. And changing diapers is never a picnic, but getting urinated on makes the experience even more colorful. In a pale yellow sort of way. My daughter has relieved her bladder on me, but it never spews, thank heavens. It bubbles over the top like a garden fountain that's running low on power. And then there's a puddle. And it *always* seems to happen right between pulling the used diaper out from under her and slipping a new one under her bum. *SIGH*  


     Two years and 5 months of smelling urine-filled diapers has really done a number on my nasal region. I can almost just expect to gag a little when I go to change the bathroom trash cans. But poop is worse. Much, much worse. So I better stop complaining before Karma pays me a visit.


Sincerely, 


Me. 


Curse you, smelly diaper. I am giving you the "stink eye". (No pun intended.)

1 comment:

  1. Quick tip for catching the pee before it puddles on you is to put the clean diaper under her bottom before you take the old diaper off. So, when you take the old diaper off, the new diaper is already there and ready to snap on.!.!!

    ReplyDelete