Sunday, June 10, 2012

Putting the Pieces Together.





Dear Diary, 


     My child is a whiz. Pure genius, I tell you. He just turned two earlier this year and can do a puzzle of the 50 states all by himself. At first, he needed assistance, and now he is rockin and rollin. HOWEVER, the other day he wanted me to do this puzzle with him just for fun. I noticed over the course of the week that there were less and less states. At this moment, his version of the United States includes about 37 of the 50. (Sorry, Mississippi. You are no longer with us.) When I searched and searched and just could not find those other pieces, my mind did one of those weird, swirly-twirly, memory-flashing, bright light, DING DING DING moments where I remember hearing a series of toilet flushes earlier in the week. OH. NO. Could it be? I mean, after all, my best friend called me a few weeks back to tell me that she heard her daughter flush the toilet when she wasn't around. Her first thought was, "Oh good! She went potty by herself and flushed!" When she went in the bathroom, she was holding a Barbie doll. She said, "Mommy! The baby barbie went down but the mommy wouldn't flush." Oh wow. Those are the days. So I'm thinkin some water sanitation plant has a few states floatin their way here in the next few days. I'm kind of thinking this is the first of many of these types of experiences that are yet to come in the future of my experience with motherhood. 


Sincerely, 


Me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment