Friday, June 1, 2012

The Time Has Come.

Dear Diary, 


     2 1/2 year old's turds are gross. I believe the time has come to potty train. But between my hectic days with a needy infant and the time I spend trying to keep my stubborn and independent toddler satisfied, I'm usually too fried to even put him on that little plastic froggy toilet. 


     HOWEVER, today I was making some delectable treats (recipe found via Pinterest. Roll some crushed graham crackers, chocolate chip cookies and marshmallows into a crescent roll and bake. DELICIOUS) and I noticed my crescents were naked. Missing their chocolate parts. My little squirrel child was hastily hoarding them into his mouth faster than Charlie Sheen can say "winning" and then the lightbulb turned on in my brilliant little mind. I'm going to bribe him with chocolate chips. My friend Michelle had mentioned this to me before, but I hadn't tried it yet. 


     I'm hoping this is the magic ingredient to potty training because any time my little man poops, my house fills up with the smell of a home cooked meal mixed with a dumpster and I realize that if he eats what I eat, it is basically the equivalent of me pooping in a diaper and hanging out in it. Probably not the best thing ever. So wish me luck in my potty training endeavors and may the odds ever be in my favor. 


Sincerely, 


Me. 

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I love it! Good luck, Lauren. I have often wished I could hire someone to potty train my kids. Especially since I've been thinking about and half-heartedly attempting to potty train my youngest. :
    --sharee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!! If you can conquer potty training you can conquer the world :)

    ReplyDelete