Thursday, May 31, 2012

I'll Take Door # 1, Please.

Dear Diary, 


     My baby is just over 4 months old and I find myself still swaddling her at night. Only problem is...she rolls. And nobody likes planking in their sleep. 


     So, I decided to try NOT swaddling her. Bad idea. Her arms are like her arch nemesis, pestering her in her sleep until she wakes up with a blow to the face...by her own fist. I can't even imagine what that must BE like- being ATTACKED by your own body part. Poor girl. 


     And although I feel so bad for her, flipping and flopping like a fish out of water in her crib at night, I can't help but secretly laugh to myself about how much this whole scenario reminds me of cow tipping. It's like someone pushed her over in her sleep and left her there to moo it out until someone came to her rescue. I'm sure when night time approaches, she cringes because her choices are these: 


1. Be swaddled in blankets and sleep-plank or 


2. Be punched in the face by her crazy-fists. 


     What a dilemma. Life is just so hard as an infant. But if those two things were my biggest problems in life, I think I'd feel like I had it made


Sincerely, 


Me. 

1 comment:

  1. I have a brother-in-law in the Air Force. One night after SERE training someone punched him in the face while he was sleeping. He grabbed the person's arm and was wresting with it and yelled out "What the hell!!?" His wife woke up and found him wrestling his own arm. She called everyone in the family the next morning to tell us all about how he'd beaten himself up in the night. I still laugh about it whenever I remember. So awesome.

    ReplyDelete