Thursday, May 17, 2012

I Need A Class For Motherhood.


Dear Diary, 

This is what happens when I make pancakes.


This is what happens when I cut hair.


And this is what happens when I boil eggs. 


     I'll be 25 next week and that means I'll be exactly one quarter of a century old. That should probably be enough time for me to know how to do these things. Truth is, I've NEVER been able to make a good pancake. They are burned on the outside and gooey in the middle. And why each of my boiled egg batches contains one of those gems pictured above is just beyond me. A real enigma. One time while making powdered soup from a bag, I lit my kitchen on fire. Twice, actually. Thankfully, even though I have 2 fire extinguishers in my house, I had enough (wo)man-made air to put it out myself, just before I almost passed out. I was 9 months pregnant. *Sigh*. But you know what? I will keep my head high and always know in my heart that I am really good at making cereal, frozen pizza, and quesadillas. 

Sincerely, 

Me 

11 comments:

  1. Turn the heat down on the pancakes. :)
    I have no clue how to cut hair either. My husband is in charge of that. He even does his own. I'm not sure what we'll do when our girl is old enough to need her hair cut. We can't just buzz it like we do the boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! Yeah I'm tired of the buzz cut. I need some hair-trimming tips.

      Delete
  2. Haha! I have definitely started three kitchen fires; Once cooking chicken, again making popcorn, and yet again trying to brown marshmallows in the oven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA. Yes! Two peas in a pod. We need to move to Washington and bake things together again. Arizona is too hot for baking things.

      Delete
  3. You need to purchase a griddle for pancakes! Making them in a pan is a lot harder to flip and also wait till they're bubbly all over and then flip and they will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and you can get a good griddle for like 10! Or cheaper at a second hand store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, I have tried it all. I wish I could make a good pancake but griddle or no griddle, bubbly or not bubbly, I wreck them. All of them. It's terrible!

      Delete
  5. I once started a fire in the kitchen trying to heat up a pop tart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Yeah, I would totally do something like that... join the club!

      Delete
  6. For the hard boiled eggs, make sure you start the eggs in COLD water, not in hot or even warm water. After that, only boil them for 12 minutes! Maybe that'll help. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thinking! See? Why don't I think like that? I'm not meant for the kitchen, I suppose. Thanks for the advice!

      Delete