Saturday, May 12, 2012

Saying No Has Never Been Easier.

Dear Diary, 


This morning my husband asked me if I'd like to go out for a pre-Mother's Day breakfast. To be honest, I could not think of anything WORSE. Hauling two kids under 3 to a Waffle House, feeling like I tried parking a Greyhound bus into a "compact car" space by dragging in my kids and all their stuff and smashing into a small seating space so that I could bounce a 3 month old on my leg while my husband tries feeding me some of those delicious deluxe hashbrowns from across the table. (You know, the ones with the mushrooms, jalapenos, cheese, tomatoes and gravy?) Anyway, when that fails miserably because my 2 year old's arm smacks the fork, sending a load of hashbrowns down my shirt, I see myself not only NOT getting to eat, but now fishing hot potatoes out of my top, along with a jalapeno smashed against my boob that my baby will need to breastfeed on in a matter of minutes. Spicy milk is not very popular amongst young children. The vision continues by us leaving the restaurant 17 and a half minutes later because a tantrum was thrown, syrup soaked my toddler's clean t-shirt, the new brand of diapers I tried decided not to hold in the beautiful golden gooey poop from my infant, and 4/5ths of our food is packed in a To-Go box because we are (unfortunately) not trained circus performers. This morning, we had leftover pizza and french toast. 


Sincerely, 


Moms Who Can Not Think of Anything Worse Than Going Out to Eat With Children. 

1 comment:

  1. And I'm sure you saw this whole scenario unfold in your head in about half a second! Then you blinked and said no!

    ReplyDelete