Friday, May 18, 2012

I Am Awesome.

Dear Diary, 


     Today...I was not a wimp. Today I was awesome. I was only at home for a measly 4 hours of the day. My hubby was on "Mom Duty" while I was out at doctors appointments and church-related duties. Sometimes I secretly wish my kids would be crying, pooping, barfing and screaming the whole time he watched them so that I could feel some justification for what I go through every now and then! But lo and behold, it never happens. Might be because men are calm. And they don't have that I-Feel-The-Need-To-Multi-Task urge and take on the world in the matter of minutes. They just let things fall into place. Why can't I do that? I feel my blood pressure go up when more than one chaotic thing is happening at a time. Sometimes I think I'm going to send my body into some weird frantic state where I'll eventually find myself farting and dry heaving at the same time because I just don't know how to do EVERYTHING! But no. Not today. We even went to IKEA! (Sarcasm intended). It's just so funny how once you become a mom, the smallest things feel like vacations....such as wandering aimlessly around IKEA until it's time to go home and bathe the chillins. Today, life was good. Sooooo good. And to be honest, it usually is. But being a mom will always bring funny times that only other moms will find funny. Or not funny. Depends on the day. But today is Friday and thank goodness for THAT! 

Sincerely, 

Me.


P.S. This is my husband's approach on parenting. Seems to work. 


2 comments:

  1. Such a big fan of yours!! Erin H. Was one of my college roomies and I'm soo glad she posts your blog entries cause your soo hilarious!!!!!! I love your style of writing, your humor, your thought process! So so funny! Thanks for the laughter cause I needed it after today's craziness with my kiddos! Youre awesome!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Us dads rule!!! My wife can't stand how I can always get my 3 year old to take a nap when I have baby duty but she never can.

    ReplyDelete