Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Reason.

Dear Diary, 


     The reason I did not write yesterday is because I ACTUALLY had the opportunity to feel like a real person. Yes, a real person. I was invited to a party with adults only. No people under 25. This was glorious for people like myself, who end up in yoga pants and oversized t-shirts every day of their lives. My hubster and I were able to dress up fancy and lounge for hours in the backyard of a friend's house on a warm summer night, listening to records (on an actual record player), eating sophisticated foods like bruschetta, hummus and virgin strawberry daiquiri's, and talk politics, religion and life. It was indeed a breath of fresh air for parents like us. Sometimes us moms just need a break. With that being said, I wish I had a clothes line in my backyard. And...I wish I could change that number "5" to number "180". 





Sincerely, 

Me.

2 comments:

  1. My 4 year old walked in, saw the picture, and said, "I want somebody to do that to me!" Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah.... those are the moments that carry me through to the next bit of puke and spit-up.

    ReplyDelete